Thursday, March 17, 2011

First Post - HELLO!!!!

Welcome to "Married Meets Healthy!" I am so excited to introduce my new blog!!

Some of you may have followed "Newscoops," a blog that I started last year as a senior at Baylor. I got really into the blog world and really really wanted to start one of my own. After graduating and starting a super busy job, I never felt like I had enough time to update and I also didn't feel like my whole heart was in it. I knew I wanted to blog about all the new things going on in my life, but I didn't feel the blog had a true purpose. Now, with "Married Meets Healthy," I feel like I have really thought about what I want to share and put my whole heart into it.

I'm excited to take you on my journey of finding MY healthy now that I'm married! Ben and I were married on July 11, 2010, and I have struggled to find a balance in my personal, professional and physical life ever since. I was so used to running and hitting the gym whenever I wanted at Baylor and would often stay active throughout the entire day. After getting married and completely enjoying myself and not worrying about a single calorie or workout on the honeymoon(s), then hitting the business world HARD, I am still trying to find what works best for me.

Anyone else have trouble finding a balance between staying healthy and having fun after they got married?

I have always been super healthy and active and am not super comfortable with the way my body has changed since I've been eating with a boy and sitting at a desk all day. Hopefully through this new blog, I can begin to find balance and maybe even help others find balance after marriage or wherever you are in life. I am striving everyday to be more and more comfortable in my own skin.

I absolute love cooking and baking and hope to share many recipes with you. I love experimenting with healthy variations of dishes and any feedback and tips are definitely welcome. I also love staying active and trying new workouts. I'm trying to change things up and try new things with my routine so that I am constantly motivated at the gym. Hopefully, through this blog, I will find even more inspiration and motivation. So excited to get started and share all the things going on in my fabulous, crazy life!!

PS - I am obviously working on the design and layout of the blog and am hoping to have it all finalized this weekend!

Ben and I dancing on our wedding day! 

Turkey Trot 2010

Honeymooning!!


No comments:

Post a Comment