Saturday, June 16, 2012

Smoothie Queen

Lately I been absolutely obsessed with smoothies. I have been purchasing lots and lots of frozen fruit and experimenting with different combinations of flavors. They hit the spot every time! My very favorite is mango chunks. They make it into the smoothie mix every single time! So delicious!


I've also used frozen peaches and frozen pineapples and have absolutely loved those as well. I woke up starving this morning but had no idea what I wanted. After mulling around the kitchen for a bit I had the fabulous revelation of a smoothie. Into the mix went: 

- 1 cup almond milk
- 5 ice cubes
- 1 Chobani Passion Fruit 
- a pinch of chia seeds 
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder 
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks 


This one was definitely one of my favorites! And yes, I eat my smoothies out of a bowl with a spoon. It makes them last longer for me. If I drink mine, they are gone in about 5 seconds and I am left feeling ridiculously full and sad that it is already gone. 

I'm kind of panicking right now because we leave this weekend for vacation and have agreed not to buy groceries. Well, I'm out of my smoothie  makings and am really gonna miss them this week. Drink or eat some smoothies for me!! 


Do you have a favorite flavor of smoothie? Do you usually make your own smoothies or buy them?

I would MUCH rather make my own smoothies. I have a hard time paying $6-$8 for smoothies when I can make them at home for next to nothing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment