Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Mass Amounts of Thankful

I'm pretty sure it's evident that I am absolutely terrible at this posting everyday thing. I wish I could find time to squeeze in a post on a daily basis, but I can barely squeeze in a decent dinner on a daily basis. Thus, the name of this post...we have a lot of thankfulness to catch up on. Like 7 days worth of thankfulness. I will say that I have thankful thoughts everyday after starting this challenge and write them down, so I'm not just randomly trying to come up with things. Lets get started...

November 9th - Coffee but not really coffee. I'll just get it out there - I HATE COFFEE!! I wish so much that I liked it because there are so many days that I think that it would really help me out if I liked it or at least just make me feel better, but I inevitably get the gag reflux every time I try and choke it down. YUCK! I can definitely do lattes, but even the hot variety leave me with an aweful taste in my mouth. Of course, I like the very fattening drinks, but I just can't justify giving up anywhere from 300-600 calories in liquid form. I like food way better. Ok, I'll get to the point. I have found a form of coffee that I adore! HALLELUJAH!! Bring out the singing angels! I have found that if mix 1 cup of coffee, I use the single serving packets, and 1 packet of diet hot cocoa, I am one happy camper! I look forward to this drink every single day now. Success!

Can't control my excitement!

November 10th - "This is country music and we do, so turn it on, turn it up and sing along...." Yes, I am so very very thankful (I would add a lot more verys in there, but don't want to annoy you) for country music! Last Thursday (Nov. 10th) I went over to a friend's to help her make strawberry cupcakes to take to a baby shower and it just so happened her and her husband had taped the CMA's. Oh I could not have been more excited! I missed them on Wednesday and wanted to see all the outfits, hear all the songs and of course, be envious of Carrie Underwood's legs. Country music just makes me happy and 99.9% of the time it makes me wanna dance. I'll let you in on a little secret....I secretly wish I could be one of Luke Bryan's back-up dancers for "Country Girl Shake it for Me." I daydream about going country dancing and breaking out those dance moves. Ok, enough of my embarrassing thoughts...I just love country music!!

I even broke out the red boots for my wedding reception

November 11th - Group fitness classes. I haven't been to a class in what feels like ages. Since I started training for the White Rock Half Marathon, I'm either running or cross training and with my work schedule + all the things Ben and I are involved in, there are never any classes at the times I can go. Before training started I got really into spin class, but I think I got a little burnt out on it. I was going 3-4 days a week and just started feeling like I wasn't getting the work out I wanted. On Friday, Ben was out of town, so I opted to work out after work and what do you know, my favorite Body Works (very much like Body Pump) teacher was teaching a class at 5:45 pm. I got in a little cardio before and then went to the class and loved it as usual! I wish I could go to this class more often. 

Get Pumped! (ps- this was my Jr year in college & that's my sister on the right)

November 12th - Seesters!! aka sisters Since Ben was out of town all weekend hunting (I'm a widow from November to January), I went to Dallas to see my family on Saturday and Sunday. Although I didn't get to see one of my sisters, I got to see the other two plus my beautiful nieces and their relationship makes me all the more thankful for my fabulous sisters. Relationships between sisters just cannot be explained. When Ben and I, or other males for that matter, have had discussions about kids, and they are all "I WANT ALL BOYS, OH OK MAYBE 1 GIRL," I've tried to explain that a girl needs sisters and that there is just no relationship quite like it. Now, keep in mind I've never had brothers, but I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Take for example the above picture. A few days prior to this, my boyfriend of a year had broken up with me and I was heart broken. We had a sorority function that weekend and I had no idea what to do. I didn't want to ask someone else and it just so happened Christie's boyfriend was out of town that weekend, so she offered to go together. Yes, my sister and I went as dates and it was glorious! That is what sisters are for. This post is going to be forever long if I go on and on about my sisters, which I could, but I just want to say that I am so thankful for each of them, Katie, Christie and Martie, and for each of their uniquely fabulous personalities. Love you! 

At my Bachelorette Party

November 13th - My parents. Being home over the weekend meant spending lots of time with my parents and it was so wonderful. There are just some times that it feels so perfect to be back at home. Words cannot even begin to express how thankful I am for my sweet parents. They truly are the most amazing parents we could have ever asked for. I have never in my whole life had to doubt how much they love me and they have always supported me 110% in everything I do. Going home is just so special because my parents are so unbelievably good at making me feel welcome.

The year before Ben and I got married I was kind of my parent's little sidekick. Whenever I was home from college or when we were on vacation, the majority of my time was spent with them. Some people might complain, but I loved it! Again, I could go on and on about my parents, but I'll leave you with two of my favorite memories from my mom and dad. These are just examples of how loved and beautiful they have always made me feel. 

Memory of my mom: My mom would pick me up from softball practice my sophomore year and at that time we had an amazing coach who made us work hard. I loved it! One particular day we had had a really hard practice and after getting in my mom's car super sweaty and tired, before pulling out of the parking lot, my mom turned around to tell me something and just said, "Natalie, you are so beautiful." It was so sincere and unexpected and I think of that moment often. 

Memory of my dad: The day my parents took me to Baylor was an emotional one to say the least. I dated a guy in high school for about 2 1/2 years and it ended up not being the healthiest relationship and after the break up, I was left with some real self-esteem issues. My dad knew this and always offered words of affirmation to me. As I gave my parents a hug goodbye in the Collins (my dorm) parking lot, the words my dad left me with, through tears, were "Don't settle for anyone who doesn't treat you like the jewel that you are." He's a pretty amazing dad! 

Aren't they cute?!?!

November 14th - These last 2 can be short and sweet since this is the longest post EVER...I am thankful for libraries. Thank you especially for the Flower Mound library because I am always late returning my books and they do not charge a late fee. WOO HOO!!! 

November 15th - I am very very thankful for sports! I got to go watch some of my Young Life girls play basketball last night and it made me miss sports so much. I am so thankful that I grew up playing all kinds of sports and that it enabled me to have a very loving relationship with physical activity. I love working out and staying fit and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that it makes me feel more athletic. Since girls don't commonly have pick-up games, at least I can stay athletic through running and the gym. 

After my final game senior year...I know my uniform is sexy. 

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment