Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 2nd & 3rd Thankful

Since I'm posting this pretty late in the day I will go ahead and post yesterday's and today's thankful thought.

November 2nd -- I am so so thankful for an amazing Home Group. Ben had been attending the Village Church in Denton prior to us getting married, but I attended a very small church in Dallas. After we were married we started attending The Village in Flower Mound. There are not enough amazing things to say about this church, but it was a little overwhelming for me because I went from attending a church where I know EVERY SINGLE person, so attending a church where I would walk in and out without knowing a soul. Needless to say we were both really wanting to join a smaller group to have a sense of community within the church. Lets just be real honest here....small groups can be hit or miss. We have both had our fair share of interesting/not-so-positive experiences with small groups, but definitely wanted to give it another try. We joined our Home Group right before the summer and could not be happier. It is absolutely the perfect fit and I could not be more thankful for such an amazing group of people to share my life with! Every time we meet this feeling is reinforced and last night was no exception.

November 3rd -- Today I am super thankful for my amazing mother-in-law, Karen! Both her and my father-in-law, Tony, are some of the most generous people you will ever meet and they have been so wonderful to me over the past 3 years. My thankfulness for Karen has just increased over the weekend and week because of her amazing willingness to go out of her way to help me. Thank you so much Karen for all you do! I will never get tired of tortilla soup, thrift store finds, protein bars, starbucks tea or any of your other fabulous gifts!

Karen and me in Grand Cayman!

No comments:

Post a Comment