Friday, April 13, 2012

EASTER

I think I've determined that Easter is my second favorite holiday behind Christmas. I know what you're thinking, how could I like Easter more than Thanksgiving, but I really only like Thanksgiving because of all the traditions and being around family. I'm not a Thanksgiving food person at all, but I am definitely an Easter food person. Especially, this year's food! Not to mention, Easter is pretty much the whole basis behind my faith. It's the reason I am able to live everyday so joyfully, knowing that although I mess up many many many (I wasn't the best wife this week) times, I get second and third and fourth chances. The best part is that I don't have to work for those chances, I just accept them. It's amazing! 

Growing up we had Easter on my grandparents farm every year and we would hunt for Easter eggs all over the place. For the past 3 or 4 years we have moved it to my oldest sister's house so we have can more little ones around. Katie has 2 little girls and their cousins get to come (my brother-in-law's nephews) and then they have 3 other cousins from their great aunt as well, so we have a blast!

This year I wanted to contribute some good eats, so I woke up bright and early, headed to the grocery store and cooked up a storm until we had to leave. My contributions to the Easter meal were Bleu Cheese Broccoli Bake and Old Fashioned Chocolate Cream Pie. They were both awesome!!

This was amazing and you can't really taste the bleu cheese. This will be on the holiday list!
This was my pride and joy! 
My kitchen around 10:00 AM...I retired for the rest of the day!

Everyone contributed amazing dishes this Easter! I can't say that I'm usually big on turkey, but this year my mom made her turkey in the crock-pot and it was incredible! I will try and post how she did it soon. 

Our beautiful greeter, baby Charlotte!

Sweet cousins, Annie and Andrew

The hosts

My sisters and I - from left to right - Christie, Me, Martie and Katie 

After sufficiently stuffing our faces, we were just about to hide the eggs when it started pouring. The plan was delayed and everyone was talking and watching the Masters, when all of a sudden my BIL and his brother bursted out the back door with two baskets full of plastic eggs. It was a hilarious site to see! They ran around the backyard just dumping the eggs everywhere, no hiding, then sprinted back inside and let the kids loose on their Easter Egg Hunt! 







When all the kids came back inside, Annie wanted to count her eggs, her candy, look at all her candy and count it all again! She was adorable and I had so much fun helping her count and telling her the types of candy she got. She is obsessed with Twizzlers and how they smell! 


This was one of my favorite Easters ever! I can't wait for the next time we all get together. I would be the happiest person in the world if I could be around family every single day! 

Me and my sweetie

One of my favorite pictures ever! 

Had to leave you with a good one! I can't help but smile at Annie in her hat! 



























No comments:

Post a Comment