Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Good Friday


This weekend was probably one of my favorite weekends ever! It felt so good to spend some time with the hubs and our families. I don't know the last time I just relaxed and didn't think about the million things going on. This was one of those weekends! Like a mini vacation! 

I didn't have to work on Friday and Ben only had to show a few houses in the afternoon, so we slept in and headed to Sidewalk Bistro for a late breakfast. Why do I love breakfast dates so much?!?! They just make the day so much brighter!

Their version of strawberry pancakes

I'm not sure of the last time I had non-protein (homemade) pancakes, so I thought I'd treat myself on this very special occasion. My absolute favorite thing to order for breakfast is flavored or fruity pancakes. Unfortunately, their version of "strawberry pancakes" is regular pancakes with strawberries on top. Does anybody else get in a horrible mood when they don't get what they want when it comes to food? I do! I tried my hardest not to let this affect my mood and these pancakes ended up being delicious! I'll have to ask next time about their "blueberry pancakes," but it felt nice to treat myself. I also had a side of egg whites, not pictured. Their not near as pretty!

Ben went to work after our date, so on a whim I went and got a haircut. Nothing big, just more layers and a bang trim, but I'm super happy with it. Then, I ran the .7 of a mile to the high school track near our house, completed a Bodyrock circuit + Ab bonus, a couple rounds of bleachers and suicides and ran the .7 of a mile back home. Holy heat! I am not used to working out when it is 85ยบ outside. I was dead when I walked in the door. 

Thankfully, Ben was already home from work, so we could head to Lowe's to get the supplies for a fun home improvement project. We have been wanting to make a headboard for our room for a long time and this weekend seemed to be the perfect time. I love Lowe's! One day I WILL walk up and down every single aisle! 

The rest of the afternoon/evening was spent cutting wood, screwing the boards together and staining.

Don't let me fool you, Ben did the the hard labor
I found a headboard on Pinterest a while back, so we are designing it to look similar. The idea is for it to look like an old barn door or a rustic door I guess. I can't wait to see the finished product. We even got the lamps that will go on each side so that we can read in bed! I'm in love! 

Yes, that is a bull in the background. It's our pet roping bull. Nothing like a Texas stereotype! 
We finished up the night with a celebration (to be revealed later) dinner at Don Camillo's and my favorite ice cream at Beth Marie's. Can't believe we made it all the way to an 8:30 PM dinner without having eaten anything since breakfast/brunch. Guess those pancakes really held me over! 

Rustic lights! Ben drilled a hole in the bottom of each and added a pull string. 

I loved Good Friday!! An entire day spent with your husband is always a good one! 








No comments:

Post a Comment