Thursday, May 17, 2012

Fun Run


Does anyone else get really excited and just wait all day to go to the gym when they decide on a new workout? OK, I realize that I am probably the weird one here, but I was so excited to get to the gym yesterday. I'm sure it also had to do with the 4 1/2 hour meeting I was in. It was a fabulous meeting, but sitting down for that long is torture.

 I read Julie's post in the morning and was immediately set on what my evening workout would consist of. It's so odd how my mind and workouts fluctuate from week to week. Last week, I mostly wanted to be on the elliptical with Bodyrock incorporated. This week, all I want to do is run! I have seen such great results with Bodyrock and weights that I want to do that everyday too, so I've been hitting the treadmill for more intense runs combined with Bodyrock or weight circuits. If you're looking for a way to conquer the treadmill sans boredom, I highly recommend this workout. I followed Julie's lead pretty closely, but traded out some of the off-the-treadmill exercises plus added one extra set.
The * means that all of these exercises were done off of the treadmill. I would turn the treadmill back down to 4.0 speed before getting off, so I could hop back on and start walking. I'm pretty sure most people thought I was a crazy person, but I'm kind of used to that. I just stick my headphones in and act like no one else is at the gym! This does wonders for my social life! Another factor that made this workout so fun....my Ben Rector playlist! I love him! 

Happy Thursday Everyone!! 
Finish out your week strong, so that you can enjoy your weekend to the full! 

No comments:

Post a Comment