Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Weekend Recap

With Ben away at a Bachelor Party, I headed home for a mini vacation. Isn't that exactly what going home is? I feel like it's just a time when I don't have to worry about anything else other than enjoying my family. It was oh so glorious not worrying about laundry to be done or a house to be cleaned. It all hit me smack in the face on Sunday afternoon, but oh well, I'm more than okay with playing catch up this week. 

I left work a little early on Friday to beat the rush hour traffic and headed to my parents house. Once I arrived, we didn't waste any time and headed back out the door for dinner. There's a fun town center about 15 minutes from my parents called Firewheel and we ate at the Cristina's there. I had never been there, but it was delicious. I had some sort of tilapia with veggies that was very yummy. Slightly more nutritious than two bowls of cereal! My sister, Christie, met us there too. Her husband was out of town for a wedding so we both enjoyed the weekend with my parents. We then made our way (the very very long way) to Wylie East High School for the Lake Highlands vs Sachse Varsity Softball Play Off game.

I wish you could have been a fly in the car to hear my family try to navigate our way to the middle of nowhere! I was the director of navigation if that tells you anything. My iphone didn't exactly help us out. We ended up having to stop and ask the Schwan's man at someone's house where the field was. It was definitely an adventure!


It's kind of hard for me to watch softball sometimes because I miss it so much. I played from when I was 6 years old until I graduate from high school and sometimes regret not playing in college. I had fun at this game though. It was close the whole time and in an extra inning, Lake Highlands (my alma mater) won!! So happy for them and the coach! 

On Saturday I hit the gym early before we headed out to go Prom dress shopping for my little sister. She found the prettiest dress at Nordstrom! I love it! I cannot believe she is about to graduate and go to Baylor. She is six years younger than me, so I still remember bringing her home from the hospital and how my sisters and I used to fight over who got to hold her. Time flies! 

We spent the majority of the day shopping and meeting my oldest sister, Katie, her kids and husband for lunch. The highlight of the weekend may have been the running jump hug I received from my 3 year old niece, Annie! 

After resting up a bit, my mom, dad, Christie and I changed and were off to Arlington for the Rangers game. GO RANGERS!! I love that it is now baseball season! Can't wait for opening day of the Grand Prairie Airhogs, May 21st! 




The Rangers won and we had a blast! Perfect weather and the most adorable group of little kids in front of us only added to our enjoyment. We also ran into some friends from high school and I always enjoy seeing people I know. We tried our best to hurry home so we could catch the end of the MAVS game on tv and ran through the door just in time. Unfortunately, they lost by 1 at the very last second, but I guess you can't win 'em all. All in all it was a great weekend for sports! 

Sunday morning started pretty early for me with a 6:30 AM run. I love running at my parents because I get to run around all the neighborhoods that I grew up in and this particular run, I even ran past my old high school. Oh how I miss the memories of Lake Highlands! I had to get my run in super early before church because I was determined to go to the "bagel shop" (aka Einstein's) with my parents for one of, if not my very favorite, breakfast. 


I added the apple for extra staying power, but I cannot get enough of their Everything Bagel Thins with egg whites. The seeds on the bagel thin are amazing!! I have got to remember to buy these at the grocery store to recreate at home! 

Usually I just meet my parents for second service at their church since they work in the nursery during first, but I could not pass up the chance to play with my niece, Charlotte. We had a couple of babies this Sunday and they were all adorable. Charlotte is a little peanut and there was another little boy, Nathan, that will totally be an offensive lineman. They were hysterical to compare! 

I'm pretty sure I could have worn Nathan's shoes! 
Little peanut, Charlotte
One things for sure, neither of them ever miss a snack! Look at the difference in their legs!

After church we all headed to Taco Diner for Katie's 30th birthday lunch. It was an absolutely fabulous weekend! I headed out right after lunch to get my grocery shopping done and enjoy date night with Ben. We went out for sushi, saw The Five Year Engagement and enjoyed bowls of ice cream on the couch while watching Smallville. A perfect night to end the weekend if you ask me! 

If you haven't already, check out espressoandcream.com today. My story is featured on today's "No Fat Talk Tuesday!" It was so great getting to write my story down. I am so glad that Madison did this and hope all of the stories can inspire many to stop the fat talk. 

A miniature photo shoot occurred after church...I just cannot get enough of these two!! 




















1 comment:

  1. Loved your post on that other blog! So great! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete