Thursday, May 31, 2012

She Reads Truth

Those of you that follow me on Twitter (NattyB711), may have seen a few posts followed by #shereadstruth. I am super excited to share with you where this came from and what it means, especially to me!


About a week ago I saw this hashtag popping up on Mama Pea and Jenna's twitter and wondered what it was all about. I've never met either of these women, but after reading their blogs for over a year or so, they are both women I look up to in the blog world and in their faith. A couple days after my curiosity began, Mama Pea did a post with a #shereadstruth excerpt at the bottom. I followed her link and found out how it all got started and was immediately excited to join in.

In short, #shereadstruth is a challenge/plan that women are sharing in together. It's an opportunity for us all to grow together, challenge each other, hold one another accountable and share in truth. For about a year now, I have been stuck in this place where I am yearning to grow, but didn't really know what that meant or how to get started. I often opened my Bible and closed it due to the frustration of just not knowing where to start. Lets face it, it's a pretty large book! I just didn't know what passages to be reading and got caught up in trying to perfect my quiet times.

With the Soul Detox plan on my YouVersion app, it's all so easy, yet so refreshing. I love being able to follow a plan and even better see others going through it with me. I love getting on Twitter in the morning and seeing others #shereadstruth posts. Everyone is always getting different things out of it and I am constantly learning from them.

This morning was probably the perfect morning! I woke up at 5:00, got a great workout in at the gym, was ready in time to stop at Starbucks before work and before turning my computer on, complete Day 7 of #shereadstruth.

Today is Day 7 of the 35 Day Plan. I'd love for you to join me! Please leave a comment on this post if you need more information or instructions on how to join.

Have a fabulous Thursday....it's almost the weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment